When it comes to choosing who you hire for roofing services, you can never be too careful. The unfortunate truth is that there are plenty of roofing companies out there that don’t have your best interests in mind, but with a little investigating on your part, you can get to the bottom of who is trustworthy and who is not.
Here are five key questions we suggest you ask any roofing companies you’re considering working with:
- Are you licensed/certified/insured? We know, this one is technically three questions in one, but each is extremely important. Making sure you’re working with a roofing company that has all the required paperwork and experience is essential if you want a team that is legitimate and professional.
- Can you provide references or examples of past work? Roofing companies with nothing to hide are more than happy to point you in the direction of past happy customers and examples of their fine workmanship.
- What’s the timeline for my project? Organization is essential for any business, and your roofing company should have a clear picture of what their current schedule looks like, as well as a good idea of how long your project will take. Needing to check their calendar is one thing, but if they continuously skirt the question or don’t offer you a proposed timeline, it’s probably best to move on.
- What materials/manufacturers do you prefer to use on a project? In addition to having excellent skills and plenty of experience, using high-quality materials is critical. Expert roofing companies know to use materials known for quality and durability.
- What do your warranties look like? Roofing companies that have your best interests at heart are going to use materials that come with solid manufacturer warranties. We suggest you review your estimate and inquire about the specific materials listed so that you know what you’re getting.